Job search is broken. Help us fix it! JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing and we are looking to expand our technology team.
The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. You, as our VP of Software Development, will be a key member of the management team and help change how people search for jobs, advance their careers, and how organizations find the right talent to succeed in their missions.
- Lead the software development team and manage daily operations of department.
- Coordinate with product teams to set goals and ensure the needs of all projects in the product lines are met.
- Champion software development best practices within the organization including but not limited to: design, architecture, code re-use, performance and quality.
- Ensure that product architecture and technology decisions support emerging trends, corporate strategies and future direction of the products.
- Implement project management best practices including agile development and sprints.
- Review and appraise the work of software development team.
- Mentor the team. Identify how developers can improve their technical skill sets.
- Assist with recruiting and training of all new web team hires.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- 10 years of Software Development experience. 5 years of managing technical teams.
- Must have excellent project management skills and expertise (Agile Development), and be able to mentor managers and project leads on software development best practices and processes.
- Must have a solid understanding of enterprise-level web applications and web site development.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and timeliness in decision making.
- Must be able to clearly communicate project status, results, unresolved issues and other key concerns in a proactive and timely manner.
- Must provide excellent leadership and mentoring to the development organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience (Masters preferred).
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in an Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.